Let me start by saying that if you were hoping this post will be one to list the benefits of drinking the good ol' H2O aka water to you, you will be disappointed. There are a lot of posts on the internet that breaks that down for you, I encourage you to search for them and read up.
This blog post however will serve as an inspiration,or guide to assist you drink water, or more water. Back in Uni, I learnt the benefits of water from a friend of mine after she shared one of her weight loss tips that became a healthy lifestyle change for her, water. I'd be sharing that in a future post.
Let's get down to today's post.
1. Buy a fancy/portable water bottle. Because of its portable nature, you can carry it anywhere and it can fit well into your bag. I prefer acrylic bottles to flasks because over time, there's this taste flasks gives to water that I don't like. But if you prefer flasks, by all means go ahead.
2. Set alarms with fancy tunes as reminders. Fancy tunes to encourage you because some tunes can be an outright addition to your mood if you're pissed off at the moment it goes on.
3. Post-It/Sticky Notes can be of help too. You can use these colorful stationery as reminders that you need a gulp.
Have you had a gulp today?
Hungry or thirsty?
Have a drink Honey :)
H2O over there (with arrows pointing to your water)
4. Spice things up a bit if you find water too plain. You can actually infuse your favourite fruits/veggies into it to give it a kick in the taste department. I got to see this for the first time when I was in Law school. There are special portable acrylic bottles for this too. Shout out to my girl Fisayo who taught me how to make it.
These ones are infused in Masonic jars, and are a great option for parties and cocktails for people who'd rather go with good ol' water(if you're one indicate by commenting, let us know ourselves).
5. Be determined and Intentional about drinking more water. It's a lifestyle change that your body will thank you for. Remember not to make it a burden so that it doesn't seem like a chore. Stay safe and healthy Loves.
I hope this post is of help to you if you struggle with drinking water.
You can find me all over the internet by clicking on the links below. Keep in touch:
Wishing you happiness and praying you smash all your goals this week.
All my love,
Lily of Nigeria.
This brand is based on Psalm 45:13.