MAKING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BLOG | FOR NEW/UPCOMING BLOGGERS
Seest thou a man diligent in his business? He shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.- Proverbs 22:29.
What do you want out of it? Is it a hobby or a business?
Basically, it all depends on what you want out of your blog at the end of the day.
#SpeakingIntoExistence this blog will feed me, and pay my bills this year. I don't know or care to know how but it will happen.
If you've reached this stage,it means you've transitioned from your blog being just a hobby to it being a business. Babe, I encourage you to keep reading this post, because I have several tips to share with you.
1. You have to be determined and intentional. Make up your mind, and give it your all. It's your business after all. This includes finding a solid name you'll stick with and be proud of in five years time *wink*
2. Make a plan, and have a structure. If you fail to plan, you have planned to fail. Leave NOTHING to chance. Let me give you a heads up of what mine are:
What goals do you hope to achieve?
Top 3 professional goals and personal goals on a long and short term basis.
Three helps you fine tune your priorities so that you don't get too carried away.
Honey get yourself a media kit! Google it and create your own. Notice how I said "create your own". Dont go to another person's blog and lift off theirs it's not cool bruh. Besides their analytics a FAR different from yours to do you.
3. Invest, invest, invest. Your money, time and engagement. If you engage with other bloggers, they'll engage with you too. Your money shouldn't be spent on irrelevant things. You should consider spending it on props for pictures, camera, tripod, hosting, domain name, editing tools and so on. Remember to be prudent in spending. If you won't be needing it in one year's time don't bother. When it comes to investing your time createcontent that will stand you out. Research on how to make your brand stand out.
4. I know you've heard this, I'll tell you again maybe you'll listen to me BUY YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME. You will be happy you did.
Imagine working SO hard, and three years down the line you find out some sponger bought it, and now requires that you buy it back from them. God forbid!
5. Get a good host company. And if you use a blogger account you can always redirect your own domain name back to blogger.
6. Keep an open mind so that you learn new things, and meet new people that'll help you grow.
7. REACH OUT! When in doubt or ignorant, ASK QUESTIONS, and answer when people ask you. If you have answers to What other close bloggers have been asking share it with them, no man is an island. And, you won't gain any points for being a hoarding bastard.
8. Try, try, try again. Try again babe, don't be scared. Go back to the drawing board, tick off methods that didn't work out well for you. You can replace those methods with the new ones you've discovered, and give it another go.
Remember, you're in this to win this!
Fam, don't forget to help me share this post with your friends and family, I won't be a content creator without your support.
I hope you enjoyed today's post, and it's useful to you.
I have one question, how do you pitch your blog to brands to get them to work with you? Please comment your answer.